My Journey

Once I went out for a long drive with my Dad on Palm beach Road , we suddenly came across a sports club which had Tennis courts and young kids were playing Tennis . We both got interested and stopped to witness their drill. It was an unknown game for me. I had never seen this game before, but the rally of shots played by the kids  attracted me and I got very interested. So far I had been an inline skater and football was the only game I played. We enquired at the club, and next day I was on the court. To my surprise, my Dad also joined the training with the kids as beginner. In few months time the game of Tennis became a passion for both of us. My Dad and me had been playing Tennis, since the last five years. 

It is a very expensive game and shortage of courts and good  coaches in the locality  makes it more expensive. I started training at Belapur, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth . I registered for state level pro tournaments with MSLTA. I had been trying to participate in as many tournaments possible, I have not yet won a title but have not lost the hope. I have been working harder and harder to reach there and gather points for AITA tournaments(All India Tennis Association) . I lost one year  of my under 10 category as there was no tournaments for the entire 2019-20.  This is my first year of under 12 category. Hopefully there will be tournaments after the COVID lockdown is over.

My favoriting STARS of Tennis are  Roger Federer, Rafael  Nadal, Novak Djokovic, serene Williams, Mansour Bahrain,  and in contemporary players, I love to watch, Stefano's Sitsipas, Zeverev, Osaka, Theims and Medvedev. And last but not the least my coach Allauddin Sir.

I will continue writing more about me and tennis in this space. Just keep watching....


Divyansh


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to Serve

Importance of Fitness in Tennis